TITLE: Bimil (Secret Love)
AIRING: September 25 – November 14, 2013 (WED & THURS SLOT ON KBS)
Jisung as Jo Min Hyuk
Hwang Jung-Eum as Kang Yoo Jung
Bae Soo Bin as Ahn Do Hoon
Lee Da Hae as Shin Se Yeon
Kang Yoo Jung and Ahn Do Hoon have been lovers for the past 7 years. Recently he has been appointed as a Prosecutor and for both of them, the happy ending approaching upon them after he proposes her to be his wife.But unbeknownst to the couple there is a twist to their love story. Their car involved in an accident while trying to avoid a truck (it was raining heavily that night) and a woman was killed. In panic, Ahn Do Hoon flee the scene upon seeing the woman in a pool of blood while Kang Yoo Jung is not aware of the happenings. It turns out that the woman is Kang Min Hyuk’s lover and she was carrying his child. Kang Min Hyuk all these while have been searching for his lover since she disappears after their relationship received great opposition from Kang Min Hyuk’s family (he’s a chaebol..DUH).
Since the car is registered under Kang Yoo Jung’s name, she came as the plausible perpetrator in the hit-and-run. In the name of love, she put herself on the blame for the crime for the sake of Ahn Do Hoon’s future (since he is now a Prosecutor so having a criminal record basically ruined him for life) and triggers the wrath in Kang Min Hyeok. He swears to make Kang Yoo Jung’s life a living hell since she took away his lover and their unborn child.
My rating: 10/10 (One of the best in 2013)
I do not wish to pour out spoilers for this one because I want people who haven’t watch this drama to personally experience the mind blowing writing and performance of the actors themselves… I beg to disagree that I am exaggerating bit much because I am certainly not. This drama is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!
Romance blossomed from deep hatred. Revenge turns to affection. The theme is somewhat cliche’ but the plot is fresh. It’s raw with emotions and what makes it better the portrayal of each character by the casts have heightened the experience throughout the drama. They better win some awards for their acting cause they were so good!
I love the fact that all the characters shares equal exposure in the story. In comparison with other KDrama the writers tend to highlight the main characters (especially the ones with love lines) and display them in one-dimensional personality. For example the lead girl will always be poor and miserable. She supports herself by working multiple part-time jobs. The lead guy will always be a rich heir who has everything but affection since his parents are so busy expanding their empire. They met under unfavorable situation and fighting childishly over petty matters and he will soon realize that she kinda cute and want to date her blalalalala.. While the second leads will always be the ones looking for afar and hanging on unrequited love..
(LOVE IS THE FEELING!!!!)
Okay enough with that..
1.This drama was actually written by a rookie writer, Choi Hu-Chul who was the winner of the “Excellence Award” at KBS One Act Play Script Contest in 2012 for “Secret Love”. His script won with only 4 episodes!!!!
2. Not long before the drama starts shooting or airing, Ji Sung and Bae Soo Bin got married . Recently news was out saying that Bae Soon Bin will soon to be a father. Congratzzzzz!!
3. In Happy Together 3, Ji Sung and Bae Soo Bin admitted that they are awkward with each other. But now just look at them…
4. There was a suggestion for the drama to be extended more than 16 episodes due to it’s high rating. But the writers refused to do so and maintained with the original plan. Salute to you writer-nim!
5. After this drama ended, the Heirs hits the 20% rating marks… It seemed to me all Secret fans revert from Jo Min Hyuk to Kim Tan.. Ahahahha
6. I spent 3 weeks spazzing in Soompi forum aka Secret thread where I met wonderful Secreters(that’s what we call ourselves as fan of the drama). I participated in message book for Bae Soo Bin (thanks a million to cynkdf from Soompi for the invitation).
I have to put it here to brag..huhu
So watch this drama jaebal! Don’t fast-forward anything! (just joking)
Adios for now….