By The Gorgeous Palah Chingu
It is kind of awkward as this post is above my review of 12 years a slave. However, I should remind you guys that I am (allowing myself to be) shallow at certain things which I deem as my guilty pleasure. Worshipping Klaroline is definitely listed in those things. To be honest, I am watching vampire diaries because of Ian Somerhalder. Who can resists such a fucking hot guy with blue eyes, sharp jaw-line, and perfectly-shaped lips? If any of you can, it means you are either gay or there is something wrong with your reproductive organ. However, the character of Damon Salvatore had become too soft and changed due to his love for Elena. It’s really irritating and galling at the same time. I didn’t read the books but I really wanted that Damon will not alter any of his attitudes just because he fell in love with Elena. It is really disappointing seeing that transformation on Damon. I already lost interest with Damon as of now that TVD already in 5th seasons. Being a lover boy, willing to sacrifice everything for Elena’s sake and being an overprotective boyfriend for Elena really does not suits him at all.
Season 1 of vampire diaries is so Elena-centric where everybody has to pamper and care for her. Season 2 is pretty much the same thing (except we have a few characters worth watching like the originals). Season 3 is where it all begins. I even succeed in influencing fatma to watch The Vampire Diaries (TVD) from season 1 as in the 3rd season there’s one character who fits his ideal guy. It turned out I was right and fatma did fall in love with ‘Klaus’ character in TVD. Although ruby, fatma and I are like best friends, soul mates and sisters for life, we really have our own interpretation of ideal guy. Fatma prefers a bad boy and evil-ish good looking guy, Ruby favors a submissive and cute guy and I was into guy who is matured, dominant and has god-like features. Klaus character resembles more towards Fatma’s type. Klaus is one of the elder vampires called ‘the originals’ and he appeared in season 2 until now. He came to Mystic Falls to overturn his werewolves curse. He successfully doing so (after killing and sacrificing so many people and lives) and became the first hybrid vampire-werewolves in the supernatural history. The originals are basically immortal and can’t be put to death. The only way to weaken them is by using stake made from white oak tree which is difficult to trace, strike into their heart and lock them in the coffin (if nobody removed the white oak stake, they will remain in unconsciousness and coma).
- Klaus: It’s okay, it’s okay, it’s me, you’re safe. We’ll go save Elena, you go straight home, you stay inside. Do you understand? (turns her around) Do you understand me? (Klaus looks languishing to Caroline for a little moment and let she back alone)
Caroline: Thank you. (Caroline looks back for a second)
Caroline character in season 1 and season 2 is so insecure, unlucky and weak. She was shunned by her mother when her mother finally knew she is a vampire, she almost got killed by her father as he turned out is one of the vampire hunters and her bad choice of male companion before Tyler and Klaus. Before Klaus appeared, I really like Caroline with Tyler. It is because they are turned into Vampire and Werewolves under unavoidable circumstances and they both had to concede and live the rest of their life being the ‘thing’ people considers as supernatural. When Caroline discovered that Tyler have to face the suffering of turning into werewolves for every full moon alone, she will be there for him as his friend. They are both fell in love with each other. Caroline characters grew on me season by season, she’s become stronger though sometimes still a bit childish and giddy. What I can sum up is Caroline in Season 3, 4 and 5 is nothing like Caroline you met in season 1 and 2.
“But I’ll let you in on a little secret: there’s a whole world out there waiting for you. Great cities, and art, and music. Genuine beauty. And you could have all of it. You could have a thousand more birthdays, all you have to do is ask.”—Klaus to Caroline
Klaus maybe not my type but man, the way he showered his affection and love towards Caroline is so charming that I began to worship them as a couple. Their chemistry works wonderfully and they both exudes the longing love and forbidden lust towards each other. Klaus encounters Caroline when he forcefully turned Tyler into one of his hybrid werewolves experiment. When Tyler did become one of his hybrid army, he used Tyler services to betray his own friends and to ensure their plans to kill Klaus will not succeed. Tyler finally have had enough and confronted Klaus saying he’s not going to do any of his biddings. Klaus, known for his temper and hot headedness commanded Tyler to bite Karoline. When Tyler met Caroline and kissed her, he then bite Caroline accidentally. A hybrid vampire-werewolf bite is known fatal to a vampire. Caroline was sick and dying on her bed right after has been bitten by Tyler. Tyler then met Klaus and pleaded him to save Caroline and agreed to do anything for Klaus given he agreed to save her. Klaus then saved Caroline by feeding her his blood (only Klaus’s blood can be a cure of a werewolf bite) as a cure for a werewolves bite. This is the first physical encounter of Karoline and Klaus in TVD. It is so twisted knowing Klaus manipulated Tyler and put Caroline in danger initially but the way he approaches, sweet-talks and saves Caroline is so fucking epic.
I am so sorry for the conversion of me being one of Tyler-Caroline shippers, but dude, Klaus is just so hard to resist. Although, he’s not so good looking in my opinion but it is redeemable with his thick accent, his devil smirk and his human sides that only Caroline get to see. I love all the moments of Klaroline in TVD. The latest episode of TVD marked how special episode 100 to the Vampire Diaries. I was surprised over sudden kissing and intense sex scene between Klaus and Caroline but fuck yeah, I am gonna said it out loud, I fucking love it. Thanks to a writer, editor and those who involves in making that scene. Klaus said that he would not bothered Caroline anymore if Caroline truly honest about her feeling. Caroline refused to do so initially but only to relent at the end by kissing Klaus. This scene, though in a short amount of time, but I will cherish it forever. The Klaroline worshippers waited for almost 3 seasons for this thing to happen and when it does, we wept with joy tears.
There are few scenes that I would like to share which I absolutely love and adore!! They are the modern interpretation of beauty and the beast.
1. When Klaus said to Caroline: “He’s your first love. I intend to be your last. However long it takes,”.
2. Klaus called caroline with a smile on his face, “Caroline, I’m standing in one of my favorite places in the world surrounded by food, music, art, culture, and all I could think about is how much I want to show it to you. Maybe one day you’ll let me.”
4. Caroline: (tries to grab the paper from him) Is that my Miss Mystic application? Where did you get that? Klaus: “When I am chosen, I intend to redefine excellence”, now I’m really enjoying your use of “when” here. It’s very confident. Caroline: Mm hmm. Klaus: “And above all, I promise to aspire, inspire and perspire.” Obviously, we found a shortage of words ending in “spire”. Caroline: Yeah. It’s very funny. It’s hilarious. Just … Hahaha. Klaus: I never answered your question, if I ever thought about being a human. Once, I was on a trek in the Andes, and a hummingbird flew up to me, and just hovered there staring at me. It’s tiny heart was pattering like a machine gun … And I thought, what a thing, you know, to have to work that hard every day, just to stay alive, to be constantly on the verge of the death, and how satisfying every day must be that it survived … And that was the only time when I thought about being human.
5. Klaus: I’m glad you came.Caroline: Well, it was either caviar or sympathy casseroles.Klaus: I heard about your father.Caroline: Don’t. Seriously. Klaus: Very well. On to more mannered subjects then, like how ravishing you look in that dress.Caroline: I didn’t really have time to shop.Klaus: The bracelet I gave you, what’s your excuse for wearing that? You know, you’re quite the dancer.Caroline: Well, I’ve had training. I happen to be Miss Mystic Falls.Klaus: I know.
6. Caroline: Why do you always have to prove you’re the alpha male? Klaus: I don’t have to prove anything, love. I am the alpha male. Come on. One dance. I won’t bite. Klaus: You would have loved the 1920s, Caroline. Girls were reckless, sexy, fun. They literally used to dance until they dropped.Caroline: I don’t suppose that ever happened at their dance partners.Klaus: You should be nicer to me. I’m leaving town tomorrow. I’d invite you to come with me, but we both know you’re not ready to accept my offer. Perhaps one day, in a year or even a century, you’ll turn up at my door and let me show you what the world has to offer.You mark my words. Small-town boy, small-town life, it won’t be enough for you.
7. Caroline: So, what did you want to show me?Klaus: One of my passions.Caroline: I take that the curators at the Louvre aren’t on vervain.Klaus: Yeah, well, that’s their mistake.Caroline: What about these? (She shows Klaus the bracelet) Where’d you steal this from?Klaus: Well, that’s a long story. But rest assured, it was worn by a princess almost as beautiful as you. Caroline: Wait a second. Did…Did you do these?Klaus: Yeah. Actually one of my landscapes is hanging at the Hermitage, not that anyone would notice. Have you been?Caroline: I’ve never really been anywhere.Klaus: I’ll take you wherever you want. Rome, Paris, Tokyo.
8. Klaus: (smiles and looks at her) Caroline! To what do I owe the pleasure?Caroline: I want you to give Elena back.Klaus: They sent you to sweet-talk me. Well, good form but, I’m afraid I can’t do it. Caroline: Why not? Klaus: She needs my help. Look, I’m not gonna burden you with the gory details. I know you have enough on your plate already.Caroline: That’s none of your business actually.Klaus: Yes. Well, just know that If Tyler was still sired to me, he never would have hurt you. I wouldn’t have let him. Can I at least offer you a drink?Caroline: Yeah. Thanks.
there is no single excuse i can give to you for spamming threechinguz with Klaroline pirctures. I just love everything about them. 😉
credit and thanks to: http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/Klaus_and_Caroline for all the listed quotes!!